The Community Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, disability or age in the course of offering and
administering any of its recreation programs, services, park
areas, and facilities.
A Note to Parent or Guardian
When present in the classroom with the assigned teacher, children
are under the
supervision. In all cases, it is understood that children
eight years and older are responsible for their own behavior and
whereabouts while they are at a program site. Parents
should establish and discuss with their children both drop-off
and pick-up arrangements, and guidelines relative to expectations
of on-site conduct.
Code of Conduct
To ensure an enjoyable and safe program for all participants, the
Community Park District has developed a behavioral code of
- Show respect to all participants and staff
- Refrain from using foul language
- Refrain from causing bodily harm
- Treat equipment, supplies and facilities with respect
Temporary removal or permanent
suspension from the program and/or facility may result if
behavioral standards are not maintained.
Non-resident enrollment into any Community Park District program
is gladly accepted. Please make note of the following:
- Non-residents will pay no more than $10.00 additional for a
program, or 50% of the program fee, whichever is the lesser
amount (unless otherwise noted).
- Non-resident registration begins one week after resident
registration (based on availability).
- Residents on a waiting list are given first priority when an
enrollment becomes available.
Don't know if you are a Park District resident?
Do not know if you are a Park District resident? The
easiest and most positive identification is found on your
property tax bill. If the Community Park District is among
those services listed, all residents of that household are
residents and receive all resident benefits. Additionally, any
address within La Grange Park boundaries will have a 60526 zip
In appreciation of your service to our country, active duty,
active reserve, veterans, retired military, and their immediate
family members are eligible to receive a 10% discount off select
programs and services at the Community Park District of La Grange
Immediate family members include your spouse and children under
age 18. Extended family members and guests are not eligible.
Residency does not impact eligibility for the discount. However,
program fees will be based on residency. You will need to establish
eligibility in person in order for the discount to apply to future
online program registration transactions. The Community Park
District reserves the right to verify eligibility periodically.
Other exclusions apply, please see below.
How to receive the discount:
Each individual requesting the military discount will need to
provide a valid military ID, DD214 form with valid
driverâ€™s license, VA issued ID card, or a
Veterans Designation on your Driverâ€™s License .
Children under the age of 18 do not need to provide a military ID
as long as they are with their parent that has a valid military ID.
Proof of residency will be needed at time of registration to
determine the appropriate fee for the discount.
10% discount applies to:
- Group lessons, select programs, camps, and
- Shelter reservations and general special use permits
- Private rentals (i.e., recreation center rentals when the
facility is not open to general public)
- Cooperative programming
- Select contractual programs
- Private lessons
- Team league registrations (unless 50% or more of the team is
comprised of those eligible for the discount)
- LPG Parks and Recreation Foundation fundraising
- Memorial gift purchases through the Community Park District
(memorial bricks, trees, benches, etc.)
Military discounts cannot be combined with other offers or
If a class reaches its maximum, a waiting list will be
maintained. First priority will be given to La Grange Park
residents, regardless of their placement on the waiting list.
Pets in the Park Policy
Animals - No person shall bring any animal in or upon any CPD property without first obtaining a
permit from the CPD, unless enrolled in a park district sponsored dog training program. Service animals are excluded from this policy
We have seen a significant increase in people bringing dogs into park tennis courts. This is in direct violation of park district policy.
**Dog waste in these courts is not only a public health issue, it is damaging to the courts-especially the courts at Stone Monroe Park, as they are covered in artificial turf.**
1. Dogs are strictly prohibited from all CPD events, except for special events where animals are part of the event with prior CPD approval; from all athletic fields, all tennis courts, all basketball courts; all playgrounds; and parks, except those designated as “Dog Friendly”.
2. CPD “Dog Friendly Parks” are defined as:
A. Memorial Park
B. Hanesworth Park
C. Robinhood Park
D. Stone Monroe Park
3. No person owning or keeping a dog shall allow such dog to run freely in any park, including “Dog Friendly Parks.”
4. Dogs must be securely fastened and restrained by a leash not more than six feet in length at all times.
5. Dog licenses and proof of vaccinations must be displayed on the dog’s collar.
6. No person owning or keeping a dog shall allow such dog to enter upon or remain upon any area of the park utilized as an athletic field, court, children’s play area, or posted to prohibit dogs.
7. Owners or keepers of dogs shall carry appropriate equipment to and shall immediately clean the dog’s waste and deposit the waste in an appropriate waste receptacle.
8. Aggressive or nuisance animals are prohibited from all parks.
9. Dogs that exhibit aggressive behavior or nuisance barking, must be removed from the park immediately.
10. Any person found in violation of this section shall be fined not less than $50 or more than $250
Please notify us if you see violations of this policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.