OUTDOOR PARKS AND RECREATION MASTER PLAN – 2012
The Community Park District Board of Commissioners and Staff have developed this four-year master plan in order to improve our parks over time in an orderly and prudent manner. The plan will be reviewed annually in preparation for each new capital spending budget. The plan is also a great communication tool for residents who are curious to know how their Park District officials are thinking in terms of park improvements.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND the following while reading through the material:
- The recommendations utilize the facts and public opinion as we understand them now. New facts and opinion will likely modify plan detail over time to some degree.
- Those with question or comment are encouraged to either contact Executive Director Roy Cripe or attend a Park Board meeting held on the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Community History
- Existing Strategic Plan
- Executive Summary
- Park Land Categories
- Park Classifications
- Village Demographics
- Financial Conditions
- Park Acreage Standards
- Spatial Analysis & Maps
- Community Input and Meetings
- Park Facility Matrix
- Park Surveys & Enhancement Recommendations
- Park Master Plans
- Park Development
- Guidelines for Land Acquisition
- Maintenance & Infrastructure
- Implementation Plan – Priorities
- Four-Year Funding Plan
- Funding Opportunities