Strive 4 Fitness & Community Park District
Spooky Shuffle 5K
Saturday, October 31 starting at 8am
Sponsored by: American Family Insurance, Philip Wagler, Agent
Join Strive 4 Fitness and the Community Park District in Memorial Park Halloween morning for a festive costumed fun run. This family friendly fitness event is designed with multiple, small heats to ensure safe physical distancing. We will be observing all IDPH and CDC recommendations.
Face coverings are required in staging or spectator areas. Face coverings are not required during the run. There is a virtual option for participants that wish to complete the race on their own.
No costume = 2 Minute Penalty
Should COVID-19 mitigation regulations or inclement weather prevent in-person attendance, the event will convert to a fully virtual race.
We're sorry, no refunds will be issued for any reason.
Please note: Pre-registration is required.
Packet Pick-Up: Packet Pick-up will be 5am-8am and 5pm-8pm Wednesday-Friday, October 28-30 at Strive 4 Fitness
712 E 31st St, La Grange Park, IL 60526
To receive a t-shirt, you must be registered by 5pm on October 15.
Race Course: 5K runners/walkers will complete just over 9 laps around Memorial Park.
Race Day Information and COVID-19 Safety Precautions
There is no race day registration. Please observe the following safety measures:
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
1. Pre-race wellness screening.
All participants will be required to complete a wellness survey prior to arriving at the course. Surveys must be completed the morning of the race. The survey includes a temperature recording. If you do not fill out a survey, you will not be admitted to the race. Families with more than one participant will need to fill out the survey for each participating member. The survey wellness survey will be activated to receive responses at 1am on October 31. www.surveymonkey.com/r/5kwellnessverification
2.If you have a temperature over 100 degrees, or if you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and complete the race virtually when you are well.
3. All participants are required to wear masks at all staging areas, information areas, sponsor/water areas, when receiving your medal, or if you cannot maintain a 6-foot distance with another participant or staff member.
4. We ask that you carry your mask with you when you run. You are not required to wear a face covering during the run, as long as you can maintain 6-foot distance with participants outside your household.
5. All spectators are required to wear masks at all times.
6. 5K Start: We will ask your running pace and space the start based on pace. Runners with a faster pace will begin first, while walkers or participants with strollers will begin near the end. Please stay close to the right edge of the path and pass other participants on the left, with caution. Please respect each other’s space.
7. Please wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
8. Please dispose of water bottles immediately in trash receptacles.
9. Do not spit.
10. At the end of the race, please do not congregate on the amphitheater stage. Please utilize the amphitheater seating to maintain safe social distancing while waiting for the rest of your family or friends to finish the race.
7:30am - Check-in for Competitive Heat (no Race Day registration)
8am – Spooky Shuffle 5K Competitive Heat (ages 14+)
RUNNERS ONLY. Prizes will be awarded for this heat.
8:30am-11am - NEW! Pumpkin Patch Open
Thanks to Four Leaf Clovers Garden Center for donating pumpkins!
All children registered for the Spooky Sprint will be admitted to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin to take home! Limit 1 per person.
8:30am - Check-in for Spooky Sprint and Family 5K (no Race Day registration)
9am – Spooky Sprint Heat 1 (ages 2-7) Max 50 participants
(Kids ages 2-4 sprint first)
9:30am – Spooky Shuffle 5K Heat 1 (ages 8 and over) Max 50 participants (This is NOT a timed race)
Start Procedures: We will ask your running pace and space the start based on pace. Runners with a faster pace will begin first, while walkers or participants with strollers will begin near the end. Please stay close to the right edge of the path and pass other participants on the left, with caution. Please respect each other’s space.
Virtual 5K Option
Would you like to participate virtually? Using Map My Run or your preferred running app, submit your race route, time, and a photo and/or video of you running in your costume by 5pm October 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If spaces fill in Heat 1, we will open a 2nd Heat
5K Race Fee $20 | 5K Spooky Sprint $10
***Should COVID-19 mitigation regulations or inclement weather prevent in-person attendance, the event will convert to a fully virtual race.
****No refunds will be issued for any reason.*****
Thank you to our event sponsor: